Friday, October 06, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Ah yes, fall in Nebraska. Is there such a thing? Most of the time we go from really darn hot, to cold. Or vice versa. However, we have actually gotten some nice fall like weather lately. Today it was low 70's, breezy and sunny. Going to be in the mid 80's tomorrow (a bit too warm for us) but then it's going to start getting nice an cold! By next weekend the highs are only going to be in the mid 40's and 50's! Yaaa Baby!! We are REALLY going to like that. As it is, we are spending much more time enjoying the great outdoors. Especially at night when it gets into the 50's. Dad isn't liking it though, cuz he tries to sleep during the day, and we keep waking him up. Oh well, this is OUR weather, deal with it humans!

Dad had a meeting tonight with the hospice care people. Mom and dad volunteer us (me, Abby, Samuel and Kona) as therapy dogs, so we get to visit all kinds of really nice people, and get lots of attention and ear scratches. So mom took me and Samuel for a nice long walk around the neighborhood. She took us up by the school and we got to play with some kids up there that were playing on the playground. I just love kids and people! Wherever I see them I have to try and veer toward them so they can pet me. I mean come on, that's what they're there for right? To PET me! They always comment on how pretty Sam and I are, and how BIG I am. Mom always jokes that I weigh what SHE would like to. I'm not sure what that means.........I weigh 114 and am on a diet cuz my vet thinks I am a bit "overweight." So why would mom want to weigh as much as me?

I'm so glad I now have other dogs reading my blog!! I know them from Meeshka's site. She is the Queen, and we all bow to her, so I am happy to finally get some blog friends! It's nice to have others to talk to besides my siblings. Most of them don't say too much, except for Sam, who talks all the time!
Thanks to Copper and Stormy for reminding me to join Dogs with Blogs. I will be sure to do that. I have checked out most everyone's blogs from Meeshka's links, and love hearing all the other antics of other dogs. Gives me great inspiration!

I would also like everyone to check out my friends Kelsey and Smokey's blog at http://kelseyandsmokey.blogspot.com
Kelsey was my mom's first Husky rescue that she learned about from her favorite group Sibernet-L. She rescued Kelsey from a shelter in St. Joseph Missouri, when he was about to be the bad words - "pts". So she saved him, and looked very carefully for a new mommy for him, that would understand him, and love him just like she did. She finally found a great human woman named Cody who is now one of her closest friends. So she still gets to see Kelsey all the time, so that makes her very happy.

Well, we apparently kept dad awake for too long today, cuz he's out on the couch, making those funny noises with his nose. I'm on my way outside to enjoy the nice, cool, breezy 50's evening under the bright full moon. Maybe we'll howl later just to see if we can wake up the humans. Will be goooood sleeping tonight.




Here is a picture of dad and Sam. This is what happens when we wake dad up too many times during the day.


Well, time to head outside to keep watch over my yard...... And maybe nap a little.

Holly
(keeping Coooool)

1 comment:

Kelsey and Smokey said...

Kelsey here sending out the biggest WoooooooooooWWOOOOOOOOOOOO to Holly and the rest of the gang!

Now that we're both on blog sites, we can hog the computer from our humes and talk all them time!!!

WOOOOOO wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Kelsey