Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Road Trip Part 3

Hello all!! I'm so glad you have enjoyed my road trip so far. This will be the final installment of my fabulous day!!

Ok, where did I leave off? Ummmm....oh yes, leaving the Cutler-Donahoe bridge.

Not too far away was this really cool stone bridge.

And, being the most beautimus Malagal in the Midwest, mom took these pictures of me under, and on top of the bridge.


Once we left there, we went up this long, winding road, into the forest! Here are some cool shots of me posing (only cuz I wanted to) and looking all pretty and fluffy.





Wait a minute! What's that back there?


Hey Oswald, is that you? Did you follow me all the way into the forest?

After my photo shoot in the forest, we continued on our way up, and up, and up to the top of a big hill! When all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I saw this!

DEER!!! How cool is that?!?! They watched us as we drove by, and I just stuck my head out the window and watched them right back! Mom and dad were very surprised I didn't try to jump out of the car after them.

As we drove on up the big hill, we came upon something that I was sure had to belong to my friends the AO4's Giant!

Wow, the Giant has a castle in Iowa too!?! I was very intrigued by this discovery.

Here I am peeking out the bottom window that is the beginning of the stairs that go up into the giants bedroom.

Then, I went up the stairs, and peeked out the Giant's bedroom window. Wow, I was really up high!

Ha Ha Giant, I laugh at thee!!!! Ha roo roo roo!


Apparently the Giant was afraid of ME, cuz he never showed up. Here I am walking away like the tough, confident Malagal that I am.


It wasn't until later that I found out mom had taken a picture of a sign over the front door of the castle. You can sort of see it in the picture above. Here's what it said......


However, I'm pretty sure the Giant must have taken the castle over AFTER it was built!!

What a great trip! I had such a good time! But, I hadn't had a nap ALL day! I just couldn't keep my pretty brown eyes open any longer, so this is what I did on the way home........


Yep, that's me snoozing on the pillow from my couch that mom brought along for me. She's so nice to think of my sleeping comfort!

I sure hope you have enjoyed reading about my adventure, and viewing my photos. Mom said we are going back one of these days, maybe in the spring when it's nice and pretty, and see more bridges. And, this time I promise to visit Summit while there, since he is only a short distance away! I will also make sure the stupid humans bring back-up batteries so they can get lots more photos!!

Hollybollyboo
(speaking of naps, I think I need one now)

15 comments:

Tucker said...

Very fun-looking pictures of you and the castle! I really like the ones of you in the windows!

Joe Stains said...

From these photos I would say that you would look like a giant next to us so I can see why the Iowa/Kansas giant would fear you!

Sasha said...

Wow, Holly. I'm just catching up, and it looks like you had a great time on your road trip. Next time you have to road trip to PA and visit Sashaville.

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Holly, what a fun trip. You are a real malamute tourist. How exciting! And you went in a real castle. How cool is that. Thanks for shaing your fun trip and photos with us.
Husky Hugs,MayaMarie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

YES - PA SHould be her next destination!

I like the shot of her in the window before going up the stairs to The Giant's bedroom -

Fee Fi Foe Fum -

I saw some bi-ped parts in the shot!

Wooooooooos!

Nice pics of my favourite MalGalPal!

Wuv,

Khyra

The Army of Four said...

Wooo, Holly! I tried to leave a message earlier, and blogger kept eating it! :(
I can't believe you found the Giant's castle! That is SO cool! And, oh, that picture of you looking out of his window laughing - you look SO bee-woo-tiful! You were so brave to go in there!
Woo!
Luv,
Dave

The Daily Echo said...

Oh Holly - that Giant's house looks like it was made for you! You look bewootiful in that window. Rapunzel comes to mind.
ECHO

Lorenza said...

Hi, Holly
A real Castle?? Wow! Sure you are a brave girl going there knowing about the Giant!! I wouldn't do it!
Thanks for your pictures!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Kapp pack said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. We don't get to go on vacations anymore (except camping trips). Mom and Dad had to get a bigger tent this year so that there would be plenty of room for all three dogs and all three bipeds.
Woo-woo, Kelsey Ann

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Holly,
I'm so shy, a little scared, but maybe I'll pop the girlfriend question to Codie. But, what if she says no, oh dear! We have been blogging a little wif each other. Thanks for the help, you matchmaker you! How are you & Dave getting along, hmmm!?! How's yur buddy, Summit doing?
Til next time,
-Cosi-

Pee Ess - You'll be the first to know how it is going wif Codie.

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

OK, Holly, I did it! Yep I did! I asked Codie to be my girlfriend. Maybe you could put a good word in for me, hmmm, like help a guy out!

Waiting in suspense,
-Cosi-

Princess Eva and Brice said...

What a fantastic road trip for you! We wish we could have gone with you. It has been in the lower 40's and upper 30's for temps her lately. Almost perfect! Waiting for snow. Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

Anonymous said...

Wow Holly.. I have to say... Your mom got some AWESOME photos of you on your trip. It looked so fun and I am so glad that you got to do this with your 'rents.
Hugs.
sitka

Jack & Moo said...

What a cool trip, Holly! We're catching up on blogs & Jack made hu-mom read us every word when he saw the beautimus malgal Princess in the castle!
Very decent of your humans to take you on such a nice trip & even bring yor pillow along!

Wooos & a-roos,
Star and the Jack a-roo

The Brat Pack said...

Those are pawsome pictures of you in the castle!!!!

Thrawn