Friday, January 05, 2007

Humiliation

The Master of Sad and Pathetic has a skin issue.

You see, Sam is allergic to everything in commercial dog foods. Seriously......everything! Beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, fish, corn, rice, wheat, barley......well, you get the picture. Anyway, he eats a special dog food that simply duck and potato. Mom does sometimes give him other things, but in very small quantities. Our favorite treats are Marrowbone treats. They have never bothered Sam, so that is why we all get them. For some stupid reason, mom decided to try something different so she bought a different kind of treat.

And then the problems began. Sam started itching. Constantly. He itched so much he had his elbow bleeding and a sore on his chest (he used his back feet to scratch).

Even though mom stopped giving him the treats once he started to scratch, the problem was already out of hand cuz his body went crazy!

The vet put him on steroids and gave him an injection. But that didn't work.
So today, he went in for some skin biopsies. He now has 6 little spots with a stitch in each one. And the best part..........he has to wear a t-shirt to keep him from scratching his belly and snagging his stitches!!

Therefore.......The Humiliation of the Master of Sad and Pathetic is below for your viewing enjoyment. I certainly laughed!














Poor guy. I do feel kinda sorry for him. He was pretty out of it, and was using the "sad and pathetic eyes" to make mom give him lots of attention. He finally crawled up on the couch and went to sleep.

Ok, I do feel a "little" bad for him. But I still had to laugh at him since he is wearing the t-shirt!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

HEHD Hollybollyboo
(still laughing)

5 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My friend Fargo has food allergies, but so far he hasn't had to wear a shirt.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

awwww! Holly, you are one cruel gal! He looks so so so so so sad and pathetic in his wee t shirt. Jeannie wanted to hug him when she saw the pic!

Give him a warm Scottish Hug from us please. The picture made my Jeannie weep, she hates to see Doggies with problems.

love and licks Marvin xx

JustMeCopper said...

Oh I can so relate to your friend's woes! Check out my blog and read about my itching. My Mom put my jacket on me to keep me from itching places that were starting to get yuccy. It worked. My itching eventually went away. We think it is seasonal. No advice, just sympathy.

By the way, I saw your comment on Meeshka's blog.

http://justmecopper.blogspot.com/2006/08/hello-mom-its-august.html

http://justmecopper.blogspot.com/2006/08/help-me-i-itch.html

Lisa said...

Sam looks so unhappy in the photos...poor guy. I do hope he is feeling better soon. And btw...I love the t-shirt! :)

Bailey and owner Lisa

The Army of Four said...

Poor sweet Sam! Poor guy! Oh, please feel better! I'm so sorry you have to wear a shirt!!! Poor sweet Sam!!!
Love,
Amber
PS: Davy says, "woo, Holly." :)