Monday, March 12, 2007

It's about time

This is something I recently found. I think it is something that ALL of us need.

http://www.dogware.com/1040-DOG.htm

Then, maybe these stupid humans will take us seriously! Hawoowoowoo!!



On another positive note, Kelsey is doing better. His temperature has finally come down to 101.4 degrees, and that is the lowest it has been since last Monday when all this started! He will be given some soft food tomorrow, to see how he does. His first attempt at soft food didn't go too great. He threw most of it up, but some DID make it through. His poor tummy and intestines are just so traumatized, it's no wonder they didn't want to work yet! He is keeping down his potassium bromide (for his seizures) and also all the water he drinks. That means there's no leak in his patchwork, and no sign of fluid in his abdomen. He is still on IV fluids since that is where his antibiotics are given, but hopefully that can be removed tomorrow, if he keeps his food down. The peritonitis was localized around his intestinal patchwork, so that was good since it had not spread throughout his tummy. And, that was even getting better, which was evident by his reduced temp.

So, hour by hour, he is slowly getting better. Tomorrow will be a big day, so keep those paws crossed and those prayers coming. They are really working!!!

Hollybollyboo
(a little calmer now)

8 comments:

Charlie said...

Holly, you're a real good friend to Kelsey!! Woof!
- Charlie

Fu Fu said...

Holly, you think dogs should pay canine tax??
Oh.. I hope Kelsey would be ok with the soft food tomorrow. I'll continue to keep my paws cross for him

~ fufu

Deanna said...

I'm so glad to hear Kelsey is doing better! I'm sending more boxer healing vibes!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Paws still crossed for Kelsey, Holly!

Let me know when I can un cross them as it is getting hard to walk!

So glad he is doing well!

love and licks Marv xxxxx

PerfectTosca said...

I'm gonna put in a good word with dog-god for Kelsey. I got connections that way.

Holly I can't believe somebody left a gorgeous doggie like yourownself near a cornfield. You look like somebody a Collie like me would love to escape my yard and play with.

Joe Stains said...

I think Kelsey needs a home cooked meal from the DOofus!!!

IndyPindy said...

Oh, thank goodness! I will keep my paws crossed that he keeps getting better and better!

The Army of Four said...

We are SO, SO, SO glad to hear Kelsey is doing better! OUr prayers will continue!!!
Love,
Amber