I've been tagged by Sitka to tell you about my 5 favorite books. After reading her list, I realized we have a lot of favorites in common! I think it's because we're both northern breeds.
My favorite books are:
1. Dogged and Determined: The Taz Adventures, by Scott Ski. Taz was a rescue and foster dog, who kept being returned to Scott by his potential adopters. For some reason, they did not find his Siberian antics appealing, or entertaining. However, the book of his adventures, and those of the other foster dogs he lives with ARE extremely appealing and entertaining!! Mom first read the stories as Scott shared them on Sibernet, and then had to buy the book. She was lucky enough to get an autographed copy too! (Actually that was her second copy since Samuel ate the first one)
2. It's a Sibe Thing, You Wouldn't Understand, by Raven Delaval. This is a great book about life with Siberian huskies, and what it is like to live with them. It is a great book for anyone thinking of getting a Sibe, who wants to know if they are the right breed for them!
3. Grizz's Story, A Greater Courage - A Dog's Journal, by Jo Helms. This wonderful story is about the life, and fight of Grizz, a Siberian Husky who is battling cancer. A true story of love and courage for any animal lover. Be sure to have plenty of tissues handy when your humans read this one!
4. The Dog Who Loved Too Much: Tales, Treatments, and the Psychology of Dogs, by Nicholas Dodman. This is a great book on dog behavior. If you need help with training, or behavior problems, this is a wonderful book. Mom used it when Samuel was young and had separation anxiety. It was very informative.
5. Marley and Me: Life and Love with the Word's Worst Dog, by John Grogan. And excellent book which shows that not just Sibes and Malamutes can be destructive and naughty! I think it actually helps us look pretty good in some spots! Definitely entertaining and will have the humans laughing out loud!
These are all some great books, so go out and give them a try. I would like to tag my friends Dusty Doodles, Indy, Sasha, Turbo, and MayaMarie.